Note: Currently new registrations are closed, if you want an account Contact us
High Priority Projects
Make xmpp reliable on mobile
- make sure all xmpp clients and servers have the following xeps implmented.
- XEP-0198: Stream Management for mobile client connections
- XEP-0199: XMPP Ping set to ping you every 5 minutes, with a 2 minutes timeout
- XEP-0280: Message Carbons for keeping multiple parallel client connections in sync
- XEP -0333: Chat markers for delivery status.
Webmail matching gmail features
One of the most convenient feature missing in all Free Software offerings is "conversations view" - all emails of the same thread is opened in a single page saving time when dealing with longer threads.
- MailPile project is aiming to provide webmail (feature compatible with gmail) - it is in alpha now.
- mailr - webmail project with conversations view
- Roundcube - missing conversations view (have thread view), mobile view support
- Squirrel Mail - missing conversations view, thread view, mobile view support
- Zimbra - has conversations view, search missing in community edition (needs someone to tests and confirm)
Mailing lists matching Google Groups features
- Groupserver is a good option but it is hard to install (python/zope). Two efforts to install this has not been successfull yet. (see current status). We have to install, make a basic package with a script and full debian package, with each python egg packaged separately.
- Mailman - doesn't have a good archive or web based participation.
- Loomio - good web based system but no email interface.
Package diaspora for debian
Make encryption easy
- textsecure - need Firefox os support
- kontalk - need Firefox os support, xmmp support can make it work on Firefox os.
- Need easy way to build web of trust (make gpg key signing popular)